Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cornstarch Finger Paint

…and other randomness!
Guess what?!  We’re doing a guest post over at A Couple Of Craft Addicts today! 
kidscraftsweek

Here's the tutorial.  Isn't Firecracker a cute little kid?!  I think so, too!
 
Cornstarch Finger Paint
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch
  • medium saucepan
  • 2 cups cold water
  • muffin tin or small cups
  • spoon
  • food coloring
  • soap flakes or liquid dish soap
Mix sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add cold water and continue stirring until the mixture is thick. Remove from heat. Divide mixture into muffin tins or small cups. Add food coloring and a pinch of flakes or a drop of soap into each portion. Use a different color for each portion. Stir and let cool. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
[P1040638%255B3%255D.jpg]
I used gel food coloring and let my little dude blend the colors with a toothpick.
[P1040642_picnik%255B3%255D.jpg]
We ended up with 10 different colors.
[P1040647_picnik%255B3%255D.jpg]

[P1040685_picnik%255B3%255D.jpg]
 
Try it out and cook up some fun with your kiddos!
 
********
Since Ashlee did a TMI post, I think I will too.  I was tagged on the family blog, but thought I’d answer it here.  I think my family already knows too much about me.  Now it’s your turn!!
The Rules:
1.Post these rules
2.You must post 11 random things about yourself
3.Answer the questions set for you in their post
4.Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5.Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
Okay.  Here’s a quick self-portrait.
0901111028
…and here are eleven random things about me:
  1. I’m not a fan of Chick Flicks.  I LOVE watching superhero movies with my boys.
  2. I want to learn to play the violin.  I also want to learn to beat box.  Weird, I know.
  3. I have a wealth of knowledge on lactation.  I could write a book.  I kid you not.
  4. I have an irrational fear of moths.
  5. I love to cook, but hate the clean-up.  I hate pasta, love chocolate and almost anything with green chilies in it.
  6. I’ve been pregnant nine times, but only have five babies.  Sadness.
  7. I absolutely detest the Denver Broncos.  I don’t even know why.
  8. I love water activities.
  9. I love The Great Outdoors-camping, fishing, hiking, sleeping in a tent, campfires, and an entire week without a shower.  Good times.
  10. I like to run because I REALLY like dessert.
  11. I have crooked middle fingers.
Anne’s Questions For Me:
1. If you could automatically acquire the skills/academics, and you had the schedule for it, what is your dream job?  Either an Interior Designer designing interiors for rich people where money isn’t an issue; or a Nursery Nurse.  I would love to snuggle on new babies all day.  :)2. What is the #1 played song on your iPod (or other audio device)?  We’ve had The Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack in the CD player in the car for an eternity.  My #3 and #4 love it.3. If you could see, but not necessarily participate in unless you wanted to, any moment in history, what would that moment be?  When Harry Potter defeated Voldemort.  Maybe when Luke destroyed the Death Star.  No.  When Frodo and Gollum destroyed The Ring.  I know!  I’d go to Narnia with the Pevensie kids.  I’d be their third sister.  Yep.  I’m a total geek!  :)
4. What is your favorite drink?  Barqs Rootbeer5. What is your least favorite chore?  Cleaning the bathroom or sewing patches onto Scout shirts.6. If you could change your name for a day, what would you change it to?  Consuela.7. When was the last time you had an AMAZING meal? And was it the company or the food?  Just now.  We tried a new recipe for breakfast that was yummy.  I loved the laid back, lazy, Saturday morning breakfast with my favorite guys.8. What is the worst gift you have ever received?  A toilet brush, but it was okay, because it was a gift from a 10 year old, and he gave it to me because it matched my bathroom!9. What is something that you learned in the last week?  That if I treated people the way I treat myself, I wouldn’t have any friends.  I need to work on that.10. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.  Yes.  Can’t you feel how much this boy loves his daddy?  You can feel it more from the picture than you could from a thousand words of describing his feelings.
Labor_Day_2008_028 
This is my all time favorite picture.  It makes me melt every time I see it.  It’s the Hubsters and one of my little men.11. You can only work on one project for the next year. What is it?  Sewing.  Easy.
So, now it’s your turn.  Answer all of Anne’s questions either on your own blog or in a comment.  We’d love to get to know you better! 
Have a great weekend! 
signature nat
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...