Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

WIWW

Okay today I don’t have an outfit so much to show you, but more accessories. I heart accessories. A girl can never have too many, right? Once upon a time, I got lots of crazy jewelry from my aunt. She found it at a yard sale. Bags and bags of clip on earrings, brooches, necklaces, you name it.
Costume Jewelry
Well, I looked through that stash the other day, and found some stuff I thought was awesome, but not as is.
New Jewelry (1)
Look at those yellow earrings. Aren’t they fantastic? I decided to take them off their clip on back and put them on “real” earrings. Done. New piece of jewelry. See the pearl cluster and the purple leaf-y thing? Those were earrings. Missing their mates. They’re huge too, so that seems a little weird on someone’s ears. So the pearls became a ring glued onto a ring blank,  and the purple leaf thing became a brooch with a brooch pin glued on the back. Easy peasy. By the way, for some jewelry, I’ll use my hot glue gun. For others, I’ll use E-6000 glue. See that turquoise rectangle? It was a cuff link. I  don’t need those, and my husband doesn’t have any cuff shirts, so I broke off the cuff part and glued it onto a ring blank. (which was actually an old, flat ring that I got ears ago in the 25 cent machine). Finally, the arrow necklace was on a piece of black wire type stuff, which was all bent out of shape, so I took it off that and put it on a chain.
New Jewelry (3)
There you can see the backs of the rings. I love getting new jewelry, for free!! Oh, and the brooches that I’ve found, you can pin those onto a few necklaces and get a look like this:

(source)

(source)

(source)
or pin them onto a scarf and make your own infinity scarf. Nice!

(source)

(source)
Yay! Downton Abbey!! Hopefully I’ll finish the season finale today!! Maybe while refashioning some more jewelry…Smile Have a good one!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...